- Sit on a mat with your legs stretched straight out in front of you.
- Breathe OUT. Slowly bend forward, trying to touch your feet. Don’t bend your knees.
- If you feel a constriction while bending, straighten up slightly and then try and bend further forward.
- Don’t push yourself too hard. You may not be able to get very far if you are a beginner. Don’t get impatient and push yourself too hard. You will only injure your muscles. Just bend forward as far as you can go.
- It is important that you hold this pose. There is no point in just bouncing back and forth.
Exhale, while returning to normal position.