MAYURASANA (Peacock Posture)
MAYURASANA: (Peacock Posture)
- Kneel on the floor with the knees apart. Place the head and chest slightly forward. Place the palms on the ground so that fingers point towards the feet. Elbows kept firmly pressed against navel point of the abdomen.
- Now stretch the legs backward and lower the head in order to touch the ground and simultaneously raise both legs from the ground. The entire body will be supported on the palms.
- Ensure that the whole body remains stretched and the breathing is normal.
- Ensure that the head and legs are in one line or the entire body is horizontal to the ground.
- Practice this exercise for 5 to 10 seconds and once well practiced the time may be increased to 30 seconds.
This exercise is difficult to perform and hence it is better to practice this exercise under the guidance of a yoga practitioner.
Note: People suffering from high blood pressure, reddish eyes and possessing a weak heart should not practice this exercise. Few people may experience severe body pain or nasal bleeding while performing this exercise.